After graduating in the United States with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, I started working in Germany in 1986. Building on early experiences in two companies in sales, exports, agent training and servicing, contract negotiations, field incentives, international marketing, I joined the Amway corporation in 1993.
Grew through cultural adaptation in sales and multi-market general management, and became Managing Director Europe in 2003.
Moved to Tokyo to lead the Japan market in 2012 and expanded to Asia Pacific leadership in 2014. Since 2015, member of the Amway Enterprise Steering Committee shaping the strategic direction of the 9$ billion, family owned corporation.
Value-driven, defined by a brand of integrity and professionalism.
Worked in more than 40 countries; “at home” in Europe, USA and Asia.
Senior Advisor - Beiderwieden Consulting | 2020, Munich, Germany
Advising company executives in areas of strategy development and implementation, market revitalization and expansion, employee and field retention design, strategic change management, cross border resource optimization.
Managing Director (Interim) - Amway Europe - Russia | June - October 2019, Munich, Germany
Supporting a global restructuring transition, preparing the workforce and having leadership of $600 million total sales and overall responsibility for 30 markets moving to a new, global, central-driven matrix organization.
Regional President - Amway Asia Pacific | November 2014 - May 2019, Tokyo, Japan
Leading $3 billion total sales and leadership in 10 countries with over 3500 employees of the Asia Pacific Rim with full organizational and P+L oversight of all functions and markets.
- Implemented restructuring to APAC Service Center in Malaysia
- Returned Philippines, Vietnam and Malaysia to growth
- Created APAC functional support organization
- Led shift to enterprise priorities from local market Strategies
- Aligned local sourced product approach and promotions across Asia Pacific
President & Managing Director Amway Japan | January 2012 - October 2014, Tokyo, Japan
$1 billion sales and overall general management responsibility for over 600 employees.
- Returned Japan to sales stability and subsequent growth following six years of decline
- Realigned the organization’s focus resulting in 30% FTE reduction while returning to growth
- Created Tohoku Tsunami Foundation, raising over $10 million in seven years, financing community houses and related activities for disaster victims.
Managing Director Amway Europe - Russia | January 2003 - December 2011, Munich, Germany
$1 billion total sales and leadership of 30 countries with full organizational oversight of all markets.
- Implemented cross-market resource center in Poland
- Regionalized major support structures of Fin/IT/Supply Chain/HR/Operations/Legal
- Initiated first ever cross-market sales incentives and marketing focus
- Expanded into multiple Eastern Europe markets including Russia which grew to largest market in the region
Various roles with Amway, as Sales Manager Germany, General Manager Germany, Director Western Europe | 1993 - 2003, Munich, Germany
Foreign Sales & Marketing - WIV Wein International German Direct Selling | 1988 - 1993, Bingen, Germany
Export Marketing - Colt International | 1986 - 1988, Kleve, Germany
U.S. Congress-German Bundestag Exchange Program
- Language School and Internship
- 1985-1986 Radolfzell/Neuwied, Germany
Ferris State University
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business
- 1981-1985, Big Rapids, Michigan, USA
Brief Personal Tour
Raised in Upper and Lower Michigan, USA, enjoying all outdoor activities.